Moving is always hard work, stressful, and even a little nerve racking. One thing that can be cause to worry and turn into a huge pain is forgetting things at home. It’s never fun when you get moved into your college dorm or apartment and you realize you left your favorite fall dress back home that will certainly find its way into your younger sister’s closet. To make sure you don’t forget some fall must-haves, take a look at our list of what to bring to college and what can stay back with mom and dad.
What to bring:
- A blazer tailored and fit to perfection for that crucial job interview.
- A few pairs of jeans for cooler fall days. Skinny jeans or denim with a slim leg opening are the most versatile, giving you the option to roll them above the ankle into cropped pants, tuck them into a pair of leather riding boots, or wear as is.
- A dress that is colorful. yet maintains a fall color palette. Also, bring a pair of tights to shield your legs from the chill of fall weather.
- Lightweight scarves to accessorize plain tee or pump up a leather jacket.
- Rain boots to save your feet from any surprise showers during treks across campus.
What to leave:
- Your bulky winter coat. Who wants one item taking up all that space in their closet anyway?
- While about three pairs is necessary for every wardrobe, you do not need to pack every pair of jeans you own.
- Half of your long-sleeve shirts and sweaters, you’ll only need a few toward October to tide you over.
- Uggs. No explanation required.
- Every bag or purse in your closet. Narrow it down to a statement bag, clutch, an everyday handbag, and a bag that large enough for your school essentials.
Don’t worry, when you head home for fall break you’ll be able to swap out some of your warm weather items for your winter favorites. If you forget anything really important, mom and dad always love a call home.