Floral denim has taken the summer by storm and here at CocoKouture, we’ve chosen some favorites from some affordable brands. Designers like Dolce & Gabbana mixed floral motifs with denim, while celebs including Amanda Seyfried and Katie Holmes have also donned the trend.
- Dainty, subtle designs are ideal for the summer months. Floral denim is perfect to wear during the day, but a flash of floral in the evening can also be appropriate.
- Less is often more. Mixing a denim jacket or a pair of shorts with simpler pieces is an easy way to achieve a stylish look, that isn’t too busy. Minimal accessories will not deter from the patterning elsewhere in your outfit.
- A splash of color to your outfit can brighten up your floral ensemble, but choosing richer colors will mean you won’t look tasteless or tacky.
- Double denim is already a fashion no-no, and pairing floral denim is unforgivable. Opt for complementing block colors to match your floral denim.
- A mix of garish colors can make an entire outfit look cheap, so steer clear of neons and fluorescent tones.
- Pick a floral pattern to fit your shape. Petite frames should go for larger, brighter motifs as this will add more shape, whilst curvier figures will benefit from wearing subtler, smaller designs.
If you still need a little inspiration, the CK team has come up with 10 keys pieces available in stores now, with other complimentary outfit suggestions. These flattering Romance Cutoff shorts are from edgy online store Nasty Gal. At a reasonable $52, they clinch in just below the waist, and are available in green, pink and black. This charming summer dress is perfect if you want an inexpensive fashion fix for the season at $19.80 from Forever 21. With a cutout back and sweetheart neckline, this dress is ideal to wear on a casual day.
These ankle-grazing jeans from Zaraare sold at a pleasing $59.90 and can be worn with sandals and a blouse to complete the perfect summer look.
These Topshop hotpants are adorned with a vivid tropical print, so they will be sure to make your outfit stand out in the crowd. CK advises you all to wear these shorts with a plain t-shirt and sandals.
If you’re willing to splurge on a summer outfit, this $128 Pepe Jeans floral playsuit may be for you. Available from ASOS, this piece is casual and perfect for days when a tighter outfit isn’t appropriate.
These jeans are also from ASOS. Gold jewelry and a pair of wedges will jazz up this outfit. Forever 21 offers customers an amalgamation of floral denim, and CK especially liked this self-tie top. Worn with a maxi skirt, this top is suitable for those particularly hot summer days. Ankle grazing jeans are very popular this season, and Urban Outfitters has followed the trend with this pair, coming in at $89. Worn with flats or wedges, this pair could be worn with richer tones to contrast the lighter tones in the floral design.
Would you wear floral denim, CK girls? Which of these pieces do you like the best? Sound off in the comments section!